Update regarding the Museums’ response to the earthquake on 1 January 2024 (as of 18 January)
The Exhibition Zone will remain closed for the time being, as the glass ceiling panels in some exhibition rooms and the seats in Theatre 21 sustained damaged. Entry to the above-ground and underground sections of the Permanent Exhibit “The Swimming Pool” will also be suspended for the time being.
The museum website and social media will continue to be updated with the latest information.
● Areas to be re-opened: Public Zone (From 6 February)
This includes entry to the following areas:
・People’s Gallery A, B
・James TURRELL「Blue Planet Sky」
・Café Restaurant “Fusion21”
* We will also reopen in-person membership applications.
● Facilities that will be closed for the time being:
・Long-Term Project Room
● Exhibitions organized by the museum that are suspended for the time being:
・DXP (Digital Transformation Planet): Towards the Next Interface
・Collection Exhibition 2: Electricity-Sound
・Special Exhibition: Ryoji Ikeda
* Access to both sections of the Permanent Exhibit “The Swimming Pool” is currently not allowed.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.