Archives Acquisition Policy
- 21st Century Museum of Contemporary Art, Kanazawa is collecting art-related reference materials (books, exhibition catalogs, periodicals, etc.) and information from both domestic and international sources, in order to provide information on contemporary art and art trends, and thereby contribute to the vitality of the community and to the activities of people experiencing life in contemporary society. Then, in support of its activities as a research institution, the Museum continually endeavors to expand its stock of reference materials and to document and archive its activities.
Basic Approach to Acquisition
- The Museum collects reference materials concerning the artists and artworks in its collection, as well as other materials fundamental to the research of contemporary art. The Museum also collects materials essential to its activities of offering education programs and preserving and restoring art.
Categories of reference materials collected:
- Publications (monographs, general books, exhibition catalogs, periodicals, etc.)
- Audio and visual materials
- Image materials (photos of works in the Museum collection and photos and video documenting Museum activities)
- Materials employing other media